Finnair and artificial intelligence (AI) company Silo have developed the tool which enables the airline to predict possible disruptions to air traffic more accurately.
- For all airlines flight punctuality is one of the most significant factors that affect passenger satisfaction, and Finnair says this solution can be used to take a look at the impact of weather on the punctuality of flights.
- If this proves effective, preparations for irregularities can be done in advance.
Juha Karstunen, digital transformation lead at Finnair says
We tested the artificial intelligence solution in the pilot phase last winter and the results were encouraging. The goal is to implement the solution as part of a broader technical reform later this year. We are also developing other intelligent solutions to support decision-making. Exceptional weather conditions are common in air travel, and our goal is always to minimise their impact on our customers’ travel plans.
- predict disruptions/ disrupt
- develop the tool
. The tool which we have developed will facilitate pilot’s performance
- significant factor
- affect passenger satisfaction
- prove effective
- implement the solution
- support decision-making
- exceptional weather conditions
AVIATION TECHNOLOGY / AVIATION FUTURE